Our hearts are breaking.
And, still we celebrate those who are lighting candles of hope even as we must curse the darkness.
At NVI, we know that we are not condemned to live in a state of perpetual violence.
Let’s raise up a vision of a better future and a nonviolent path to get there.
Below we list a variety of powerful resources shared with us by our partner the Center for Jewish Nonviolence.
In these hard times, we hope you will take inspiration from the wonderful ongoing vital work of our partners.
They deserve our active support.
(Below the current resources, please see a collection of our relevant videos on this topic featuring these partners.)
Please take this quick step - sign our petition and then dive into the imporant material below.
Collected resources: Support Palestinian Resistance
- JVP Toolkit: Solidarity with Palestine, May 2021
- Tell Congress: End U.S. complicity in Israel’s abuse of Palestinians
- Tell Congress: Support H.R. 2590 The Palestinian Children & Families Act Today!
Call Congress to Act Now
- Call the Capitol Hill switchboard at (202) 225-3121. Template script: “My name is XXX, I am a constituent. I am calling to ask that Representative/Senator XXX speak out to call on the State Department to immediately exert pressure on the Israeli government to end its forced displacement of Palestinians in East Jerusalem and its military assault on Gaza. Palestinians deserve justice and dignity, and we must end the US's support for Israel's human rights violations against Palestinians.”
- International Nakba Day Rally (Online) | Saturday, May 15, 12pm ET
Protests across the US
- Map of protests across the US
- Jewish-led events/actions and Jewish solidarity meetups for Nakba Day protests from IfNotNow
Connecting with Palestinian Partners and Hineinu Activists
- Elliot Beck, a CJNV Hinenu participant and IfNotNow leader, is coordinating calls with our Palestinian parnters and different IfNotNow swarms throughout the US
Social Media - Follow These Accounts
- Mohammed El-Kurd - Instagram | Twitter
- Muna El-Kurd - Instagram
- IMEU - Instagram | Twitter
- Adalah Justice Project - Instagram | Twitter
- Rabet by PIPD - Instagram | Twitter
- Palestinian Youth Movement - Instagram | Twitter
- Within Our Lifetime - Instagram | Twitter
- American Muslims for Palestine - Instagram | Twitter
- US Campaign for Palestinian Rights - Instagram | Twitter
- Grassroots Al-Quds - Instagram | Twitter
- +972 Magazine - Instagram | Twitter
- Middle East Eye - Instagram | Twitter
- We Are Not Numbers - Instagram | Twitter
- Omar Ghraieb - Twitter
- Youth of Sumud - Instagram
- Basil Adraa - Instagram
- All That’s Left - Twitter
- Jewish Voice for Peace - Instagram | Twitter
- JVP Action - Instagram | Twitter
- IfNotNow - Instagram | Twitter
- Noura Erakat - Instagram | Twitter
- Dr. Yara Hawari - Twitter
- Jehad Abusalim - Twitter
- Fayrouz Sharqawi - Twitter
- Ines Abdel Razek - Twitter
Omar Baddar - Twitter | Instagram
- Undoing our racism also means undoing our Zionism by Mira Stern
- Anti-Zionism is not Anti-Semitism by Mira Stern
- Private U.S. Money Funds Ethnic Cleansing in Palestine by IMEU
- 6 Things to Know about Israel’s Violence in Jerusalem by IMEU
- Israel Bombs Gaza by IMEU
- What is Happening in Sheikh Jarrah by IMEU
- Sheikh Jarrah: 5 Facts to Know by Subhi Taha
- First Al Aqsa Attack: 6 Facts to Know by Subhi Taha
- Second Al Aqsa Attack: 5 Things to Know by Subhi Taha
- Map of Occupied Palestine Explained by Subhi Taha
More Educational Resources
“To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness...What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction...And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory." -- Howard Zinn